Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Fitness: The Induction

Weight: ?
Fitness: Still terrible

So I didn't exactly start very motivated this morning. I woke up at 7am feeling pretty good about the amount of sleep I'd had but boyfriend bailed on the gym straight away. I was really looking forward to starting on the right step with him but I suspect that he may never be a morning gym person. He resents it when he has to get up and go with his dad if they ever go in the mornings so I think I will start with the attitude that I'm in this alone and if he ever decides to come with me it will be a nice change. I will miss his cute butt in shorts and watching him do pull ups and weights and generally being a good gym buddy and competitor.

When I got to the gym I was informed that they didn't have any membership forms so I'll have to apply online (why didn't they tell me this when I called about joining up? I could have sorted this all out days ago!) and also, they hadn't actually booked in my induction with an instructor so could I just wait around for a bit while they got a guy over from the poolside to show me the equipment? On the bright side, this meant I didn't have to worry about trying to prove that me and boyfriend should have a couples membership because we're definitely a couple and we're not just living together to get cheap gym membership.

Pool guy was lovely, I hope nobody drowned while he was showing me how the industrial strength vibrator worked.

So, I learnt to gym. Sort of. I mean, I know what most of the machines do and pool guy said to do warm up, then weights, then cardio for superior weight loss. I don't actually have a routine to do which they were supposed to give me and I'm a little daunted by the sheer number of things that I could potentially do. I guess I need to prioritise which bits I want to work on and then google a beginners toning workout and stick to that for 6 weeks. Is it too soon to look up the Victoria's Secret model body workout? Nah, I got this.

In positive news the bedtime alarm and reading before bed is working for my overall tiredness levels so I'm at the point of being in a light sleep and not entirely resenting waking up when my alarm goes off. I suspect that hot bath also helped and had the added bonus of helping my poor, newly discovered muscles that yoga found and tried to destroy.

Next up: finding a routine and sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment